A decade has come and gone and just like that it’s 2020. For us, it went by in a blink of an eye. The decade, the year, all of the things we accomplished. We grew, we added substantial solutions to the product, we launched new initiatives, we hit significant milestones. That growth came with great determination and learning.
For a bit of recap, in the beginning of the decade, our day-to-day looked much different than it does now, as we’re sure yours does, too. In the 10 years since, we’ve started a company, created a rockstar team, and helped many, many manufacturers gain visibility into an otherwise data lacking space. Even in the past year alone, 2019 brought many big moments.
For those of you just joining us, welcome. Mingo is a manufacturing analytics platform designed to help manufacturers gain visibility into the factory floor. For all others, we’re taking this time to extend a big “thank you” for continuing with us on the start small, think big, move fast journey.
This particular blog is dedicated to highlighting those big wins of the decade and 2019, and later, what the future of a new year and a new decade will hold for Mingo.
1. Launch of Mingo Lean – This product offering was a game-changer, not only for us but for the many customers who needed the ability to easily implement manufacturing analytics and begin monitoring the factory floor, quickly. Mingo Lean opened the door for many who wanted to start small by only tracking a few machines to get a baseline idea of the areas for improvement, then when progress had been made, roll the solution out to the entirety of the plant(s). It also was the start of our mantra, “Start Small, Think Big, Move Fast.” (More on that later, though.)
2. Launch of the mobile app – New for Mingo and certainly new in the manufacturing industry, the mobile app provides analytics at your fingertips, literally. The app gives you the ability to receive optimized alerts, machine cell OEE, downtime, or scrap alerts, to your phone.
3. Launch of Amazon Firestick app – Connecting a Firestick to a screen on the floor gives you the ability to display scoreboards on the factory floor. Scoreboards are a great way to see, in real-time, how a particular machine, department, or cell is running at a glance. The Firestick is just another touchpoint to monitor what’s happening on your floor.
4. 400% license growth – Wow, just wow. Our customers have fully embodied the “Start Small, Think Big, Move Fast” mantra. In addition to the new customers that partnered with Mingo in 2019, existing customers have adopted the idea of monitoring a few machines to start, setting big goals, and adding machines as a continuous improvement journey.
What Does the Future Hold for Mingo?
There is already much in store for the new year, and those goals go beyond just one year. For starters, we’ll be launching a Schedule and Work Management Module shortly into January.
Going forward, we will fully embrace the “Start Small, Think Big, Move Fast” mantra. It’s more than a marketing slogan to us, it embodies the true purpose of Mingo – helping manufacturers get insight into their factory floors by starting with a few machines, lines, or cells to get started, creating goals to increase efficiency across all machines or plants, and moving to accomplish those goals.
We’ve realized that as Industry 4.0 takes hold, manufacturers are wary to dive headfirst. We understand that feeling of wariness and developed the mantra as a result. Our goal is to give you the opportunity to establish your goals, learn the software, and see the results of how it can help a few lines, right off the bat. Then, off to the races!
2020 is about you, the manufacturer, your factory floor, your plant, your company.
- What are your goals for the new year?
- How can you gain insight into what’s happening on the factory floor in real-time?
- What problems do you have?
- How can you improve and become more efficient?
As we embark on a new year and a new decade, ask yourself those questions. How can you better your company to really drive growth and satisfaction for your customers? If the answer is manufacturing analytics, remember the mantra.
Let’s begin 2020 by starting small, thinking big, and moving fast together.